I joined a treat holder swap. Not a swap for a single dove chocolate, or a stack of M&M's, but a tangible amount of candy. I saw CANDY and I was in. Then, the fear of not being good enough comes over me and, well, I tend to get messy. Here's what Bubba encountered on my stamp table one day when he awoke:
He tried to take some of the candy, too and was quickly and tersely informed the had to wait, which he did not appreciate. He also doesn't appreaciate that creativity isn't neat and tidy. EVER.
However, out of that came this:
Want to make one? Here's how:
Use the Big Shot and the Petal Cone Die to cut two petal cone die cuts from Cajun Craze cardstock.
Fold one in half along score line. Place the top score line at the 2” mark and score. Repeat on other one die cut.
Cut along the score line to cut the tab off and along the petal score line to your new line. Repeat on other die cut.
Cut the bottom off each point on both die cuts
Place Sticky Strip on the tabs and across one bottom tab.
Adhere a tab to the tabless side of the other die cut to create sides of clay pot.
Fold the ends over each other to create a secure bottom.
Cut foam for inside of clay pot. I found thin circles that I cut into two square layers. I also used part of a cone that I cut into sections.
1. Cut out the tri-flowers with the Island Floral Bigz Die to create leaves. Crimp using paper crimper.
2. Cut out various flowers with the Fun Flowers Bigz L Die from Designer Series Paper to create leaves.
3. Layer flowers and leaves and stick a lollipop through the center. I used my paper snips and crop-a-dile to widen the holes if needed.
4. Place flowers into the foam. I used 5 flowers per set.
1. For the butterfly, scrunch a square pack of candy (I used Sugar babies) in the middle with a twist. I used florist tape to adhere to the lollipop stick. I also added a smarties with glue dots.
2. Use glue dots to adhere a chain of jawbreakers to create a caterpillar. Use glue dots to adhere to the lollipop stick.
3. I stamped with Rich Razzleberry my sentiment and folded it around the stick. I added layered flowers for fun.